From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series x 6363 external source

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi.
i have a question about to connect a externar power supply in my 6363 because i will generate a digital output with a 24 VDC level. but my SBC-64A  only works at 5VDC. is it possible connect a external power supply for generate a 24 VDC level in my SCB-64A?
Or i can configure the level voltage for software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,906 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CEMEJIAMDZA
The scb 68 (not 64) it's just a dumb terminal block and has nothing to do with a 5V limit.

Where on the 6363 do you see an option for an external power supply? I have not used the x series that much but I don't see this option in the manual. Please provide the page number.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,892 Views)
Solution
Accepted by CEMEJIAMDZA

Hi CEMEJIAMDZA:

The PXIe-6363 is just compatible with logic TTL ranges 0-5V. To connect an external power supply to upconvert the signal to 24V you need to create an external Signal Condition to change the Logic TTL to 24V. 

Try using one of our PXI Boards that can work with 24V, this way you don´t need to use the External Signal Conditioning.

I'm sending the NI PXI Advisor

http://ohm.ni.com/advisors/pxi/pages/common/intro.xhtml

Hope this works

Have a great Day

Juan Arguello Director Support Services @NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,872 Views)