cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial VISA and MCC USB-ERB24 Compatibility Issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! 

I haven't had much experience working with Digital I/O signals or VISA; however I did figure out how to control a syringe pump (Legato 270 - KD Scientific) using through VISA. I started having troubles when I connected a USB-ERB24 to be able to control some valves at the same time. 

The VI I'm trying to create needs to control the directrion of the syringe, i.e. whether to withdraw or infuse, and open and close some vavles depending on the direction of the syringe. The VI I wrote works fine until I trigger a relay on the USB-ERB24, after that the syringe pump doesn't respond anymore. When that happens I have to unplug it, restart it, and plug it back...then it works again. I'm assuming that for some reason the USB-ERB24 is somehow interfering or overtaking or something..but I don't know how or why..

Here is the link for the syringe pump drivers: LINK

Also a link to the USB-ERB24: LINK

I'm using Labview 2010 V10.0.1 

VI attached. 

I would appreciate any help/insight. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,669 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aquaman89

Hello!

Have you turned on highlight execution to see where and when you receive an error in the code? It sounds like this is something hardware related, though. What is supposed to happen when you trigger a relay on the USB-ERB24?

Thanks!

Stephanie S.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,633 Views)

Hey Stephanie, 

You are right about it being an instrument/hardware issue. 

I was using my laptop with both devices plugged in via USB. I stopped having the problem when I switched to a desktop...so it seemed as though my laptop was assigning or handling the communications in such a way that it was causing a problem.

I still don't understand why it would be a problem, even though the configuration and setup was identical on my latop and desktop. 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,628 Views)