Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSR 9485, cannot set up in Tasks

I have 2 sets of 9178-9485 systems, recently, swtiched computers, and could not setup the SSR in the NI-DAQmx Tasks.

The original interface was like this:

0422e_SSR_correct.JPG

now, it's like this:

0422c_SSR.JPG

When I tried to change the physical channel, it pops only "port0", there's no line0 option.

0421r_MAX_Task_SSR_cfg.JPG

The 9485 runs fine in the Devices and Interfaces, Test Panel.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tiejun

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,998 Views)

Hi Tiejun,

Is there any difference between the version of NI MAX on each of the computers? You can check this by going to help>>about in NI MAX on both of the computers.

Also, look under software in NI MAX, is there any difference between the versions of “NI-DAQmx Device Driver?”

Regards,

Will

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,966 Views)

Thanks, Will.

For both computers, the MAX are the same version, 4.7.0F4.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,941 Views)

I noticed in your last picture your SSR has a red x over the name. Is the device still connected to your computer? Have you tried deleting your device from NI MAX and reconfiguring the device and the task?

Have a great day!

Will

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,914 Views)

Hi Will,

Thank you, I'll try it.

With best regards!

Tiejun

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,912 Views)

Thank you, Will.

I unplugged the NI9485, deleted it from the Device. Powered off, plugged it back, and it works fine in the Device_Test Panel. But still does not show Line_# in the Task.

Tried to change the hub to another USB port, no difference.

I was able to select the "0" button (shown below), only when the Channel is DigntalOut_0. When I changed the Channel to DigitalOut_1, none of the buttons beneath are available.

0505b_SSR_line select.JPG

Thanks a lot for the help!

Tiejun

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,883 Views)

For those who may be interested in this problem, I submitted a tech support to NI, and got a reply, which solved the issue.

The reason was there are two kinds of "Tasks", one is "Digital Line Output", the other is "Digital Port Output". I  screwed them.

0509b_task_port.JPG

I deleted the "Port" task, and created a new "Line" task, and everything worked like a mint.

Thanks Will for the help!

Tiejun

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,833 Views)