From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1163R Problems

I have an SCXI-1163R with a SCXI-1326 terminal block in a SCXI-1001 chassis with Labview 2014.  I've set up a VI with a toggle button that switches (for example) ch12 to com3 using the niSwitch Connect Channels VI.  I'm checking for continuity between ch12 and com3 with a multimeter and I'm getting some really weird problems.

If I switch ch12 to com3 by enabling my switch button, I read about 370kohm between ch12 and com3.  If I disable the switch button, I read 6 ohms.  This is backwards from what is expected, and even then it's never truly open.  If I reboot the chassis, it will read open.  If I check the switch status in NIMax, it will show connected when my button is disabled, and it will fluctuate between open and connected when my button is enabled.  

I've tried multiple channels and they all do the same thing.  I've attached the VI that I am using.  I've searched everywhere and haven't found a solution, and the example VI is too old for my version.  Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,010 Views)

You have a fundemental problem here.  Your while loop is executing as fast as it can, which means that when your Close Switch is TRUE, the TRUE case of the case structure is being executed as fast as your computer can go.  The TRUE state also includes the initialization of the switches (which consequently opens all relays) and then your two channels are being connected again.  This is happening over and over again, thus you are seeing the connection being made and then disconnected repeatedly.  You should look into an event structure that only responds and executes when the close switch is pressed.  Your initialization can be moved outside of the while loop completely since it only needs to be initialized once.  Just some thoughts.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,995 Views)