Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace PXI-6533 with PXI-6534

Hi there,

the task is to rebuild an already existing test system, because of redundancy.

The testsystem contains the PXI-6533 in a PXI-1000B. The problem is, that the PXI-6533 is not available any more.

So the option is to replace the PXI-6533 with the PCI-6534.

Do somebody have experiences in doing that.

Can be used the same connectors, are there any adjustments have to be done to the test software?

thanks for the help

Regards, McDuck82

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,747 Views)

First of all, there is a <link no longer exists> available.  I think these are on their way out too.  NI is recommending upgrading to PXIe modules.

From what I can find in the spec and user manual, the only real difference between the PXI-6533 and PXI-6534 is that the 6534 has more memory.  So it look like it should be a simple drop-in replacement.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,746 Views)

That sounds great.

That's also my level of information.

Right, NI recommends the PXIe, but thats not compatible with the existing test software for sure.

So I think it will be the PXI-6534.

Greetz

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,744 Views)

Hello,

Onboard memory is the main difference between the two boards. They use the same front panel connector, and the same PXI connector. Software is the same as well. We no longer sell the 6533 nor the 6534, so if you do not have one available with you, unfortunately you cannot purchase one. The transition to the PXIe boards is not trivial, so there may be some options with R series FPGA boards that may work better and keep the PXI form factor if that is a concern. Depending on the functionality of the board, you may be able to get away with a DAQ board's DIO lines as well. Hope you are able to arrive at a successful solution for your application.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,801 Views)
These guys have fully warrantied PXI-6533 and PXI-6534 units available for sale. Ask for a quote: http://www.artisantg.com/TestMeasurement/56620/National_Instruments_PXI_653x_Series_32_Bit_Digital_I...
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,795 Views)