Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse generator recommendation

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a cost effective digital pulse generator that works as follows:

The card must have at least one digital line, that remains LOW until an external trigger arrives, then it stays HIGH for some controllable time T (say from 10 microsec to 1 sec with at least 10 microsec resolution), then goes to LOW again. The procedure could repeat every 3~5 seconds, but each time we may need a different high time T. 

Platform: WIN 7 with DAQmx and VISA. External Trigger available. 

My system has PCI6534 and 6536 which will definitely do the job, but we have used all channels for other things and an additional card for the above task seems overkill. Would anyone please recommend a low-level card? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,224 Views)

PCI-6601 in pulse generation mode?

i.e. 

DAQmxCreateCOPulseChanTime(taskHandle,"Dev1/ctr0","",DAQmx_Val_Seconds,DAQmx_Val_Low,1.00,0.50,1.00)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,208 Views)

Using one of the counter outputs seems very reasonable here.  You should be able to tell the counter task to output the pulse on the hardware trigger.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,204 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look further into this direction. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,198 Views)