From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with NI-6229 Digital Output + 100KHz clock

Dear  community,

I am trying to control two acousto optics deflectors with this PCI NI-6229 and two SCB-68 M-SERIES. Each device is connected to 15 lines of /port0 because /port0 is the only that supports buffered operations. I use 15 lines because each device needs to be modulated with 15 bits in order to set the position of the laser beam.

What I do is create a channel in the DAQmx with /port0/lines0:29 and then I write a boolean array with all the information. The written array is 30 x N where N is the number of samples I want to write... All this is timed with an external sample clock  Dev1/100kHzTimebase.

Now, I want to be able to separate the two devices in two channels because I want to introduce a time delay (of about 10 microseconds). Then, instead of calling a channel with /port0/lines0:29 I call two channels with /port0/lines0:14 and /port0/lines15:29 respectively. But when I do this using the same clock for both channels...

"Possible reason(s):

The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified."

My question is: "it is possible to control sepparately channel 1 -->port0/lines0:14 and channel 2 --> port0/lines15:29 using the same clock for both? I think that the task is applied to the whole port, and the I cannot have two tasks calling the same port..."

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,672 Views)