Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Getting SCXI-1001 to coummunicate with PCIe-6251 DAQ

I am having problems getting my SCXI-1001 chassis to communicate with my PC. My system consists of the PC interfacing with the SCXI-1001 through an NI-PCIE-6251 and a SCXI-6520 interfacing with a SCB-68. The cable from there connects to an SCXI-1349 at the back of the chassis.

The chassis contains numerous cards - analog/digital IO/ relay/thermocouple

I am using Labview 10.0.1 (32 Bit) and as far as I know my drivers are updated.

When I am in MAX and hit f5 (autodetect) It does not find the chassis but does find my two PCIe cards (The 6251 and the 6520 connected to an SCB-68)

When I go into MAX> Devices & Interfaces and Right Click>Create new device> SCXI-1001 Chassis it adds the chassis icon but with a little red X beside it.

When I right click>Test Chassis I get the message “The Chassis requires at least one DAQ device to be cables to it directly. Please edit chassis and assign one”

When I Right Click on the chassis icon>Properties it tells me that the chassis is empty

Clicking on the autodetect function gets me a “Auto Detect did not find any modules in your system”

When I manually input my cards in the Chassis Tab the “Ok” button at the bottom of the tab is deactivated

I note that the SCXI-1349 is not on the drop down list in the Chassis tab. The “Communication SCXI Module Slot” then cannot be selected because I was unable to select the 1349 in the previous tab.

Also the SCXI Communication Mode Box says “Using Front Connector” and it definitely isn’t- there is no front connector.

When I check the NI-PCIe-6251>Properties, RTSI configuration says “None”

And the options in the Accessory drop down menu do not match anything I have (as far as I know).

Anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,678 Views)

Hello,

Could you please clarify what you have in the SCXI chassis and which DAQ card you are connecting the chassis to? I wasn't able to find anything on the SCXI-6520, are you referring to the PCI-6520? If you are trying to use them in parallel, I would recommend checking to make sure you don't have compatibility issues. What drivers are you using? A red X can indicate an unsupported configuration - make sure you have the latest DAQmx driver installed as the 6521 is not compatible with T-DAQ. 

Jake H | Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,657 Views)