Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXIe 5644 Digital I/O Setup

Hi,

I am new to LabView and I am struggling to access the Digital I/O port on the PXIe-5644R. I have tried to access it with the following methods:

• I tried to use FPGA Module. I installed the evaluation version to test it. I went through the setup process but it never showed up on my functions palette and I'm not sure how to access the module at all. I aslo don't know if I need the Real Time Module and I think I have the NIRIO drivers already but I'm not sure how to check.
  • I tried to use FPGA Interface which I already had downloaded previously and had access to its palette. The issue with that is it said it was missing support files [actual error: "target support for selectec FPGA device is not installed"] so I tried to find the support files, and I found the 2012 version [http://www.ni.com/download/ni-labview-2012-support-for-ni-pxie-5644r-1.0/3439/en/]. It didn't work because the version of LabView I'm running is 2015 SP1.
  • I have tried VISA as well but previously I had the issue with not recognizing the card. Thankfully, now NI-MAX can find the card but can't make out the port for some reason. Is there a manual way to get it to find the desired port as it does for COM1 and LPT1?
  • I also looked into Port I/O because I wanted to access specific pins but I don't want to waste more time downloading if there are other ways.

I am running out of ideas. I tried searching everywhere for more information inlcuding the forums, the examples, the manuals, and various Google links. My final goal is to be able to send out 0V or 5V out of select pins from the Digial I/O port.

This is all the information I have on the device, the port, and the software:

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,298 Views)