Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-6509 loopback

Taylor G , no bent pins. I had my custom cabling re-worked completely (pulled out all pins and replaced wiring) and it seems to be working fine,  the pulldown 1k resistor worked. The loopback is working as expected. Thanks to everyone for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(817 Views)

mannyb,

I am working now to test PXI-6509 Module using a custom cabling and a loopback as you had done, but it is not working properly.

There is a interference that even without the connection of loopback some lines are in the state high (ON).

I am using a AMP Connector 100 - pin SCSI (PN 749111-8) and a flat cable (as used for parallel cable - printer).

Which cable and connector are you using ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(779 Views)

First of all, this thread is over a year old.  Secondly, it sounds like you have some lines open.  The 6509 has built-in "weak" pull up resistors.  So if left open, the line will read high.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(773 Views)

Dear crossrulz, thank you !

I agree with you that all lines are open, but the problem is that initially all lines are on low level and when I apply high level just for P0.0 the others lines of P0 also get high level.

I am testing now installing a pull down resistor (1K) on all inputs and it seems that the loopback is working now.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(768 Views)