From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-DIO-96 on Windows 7 64 bit

I was running Labview 8.5.1 with a PCI DIO-96 card on a PC using Windows XP Professional. The PCI DIO-96 driver was a Traditional DAQ Legacy 7.4.4. The PC died and was replaced with a PC using Windows 7 64 bit. I loaded Labview ok, the PCI GPIB card seems communicates ok. I tried loading TDAQ750 but it appears it only supports Windows 7 32 bit. I also tried NIDAQ951F2 with no luck. Any suggestions to getting the PCI DIO-96 going before i ask our IT to load Windows 7 32 bit? At this point i don't know if Windows 7 32 bit will work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,993 Views)

Try using the DAQmx drivers instead of the Traditional DAQ.  It is a much better API anyways.  If DAQmx doesn't support that card, go with the PCI-6509.  It is a very good card and I'm pretty sure it can be a drop-in replacement.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,972 Views)

I neglected to mention this is one of 2 production test stations. I have used those solutions on new test stations. I was hoping someone had run into this before. At this point I'll have IT load Windows 7 32 bit. Let you know if it works.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,941 Views)