Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI DIO 32HS

Hi,

I have a legacy VI that I am troubleshooting. It involves configuring input & output digital ports on our PCI-DIO-32HS.

Two ports (Port B & C) are configured as outputs. I have a suspicion that Port C is not operating correctly (or at least some of the lines on Port C are not operational).

Is there a way of verifying the output operation of Port C ? (I have checked out the Test Panels in MAX - maybe there is a more direct test ?)

Earlier, our computer crashed when I tried to reboot. Immediately before that the VI & NI488.2 Communicator were running at the same time - perhaps there was a hardware conflict that caused the crash ? Besides this incident, the program has been running fine for several years...

Finally, is the PCI-DIO-32HS available for sale ? If not, what is the closest substitute ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Regards,

ak

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,831 Views)

Hello ak,

What is it about port C that you believe is not working anymore? You could try generating on those lines, and then test the correct pins with a multimeter or scope.

Please also do a device Reset from MAX and verify that the device passes a Self-Test.

We no longer sell the PCI-DIO-32HS, but we do have a wealth of other cards that are HSDIO. I don't know what kind of specs you want, but this is a great starting spot: http://www.ni.com/highspeeddigitalio/

Any card that starts with 65xx is a HSDIO card. I believe the PCIe-5635 will be the closest replacement spec-wise, but you will need DAQmx or NI HSDIO for the programming, I do not believe you can use Traditional DAQ.

Thanks,

Joel C

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,807 Views)

I use the PCI DIO 32HS for a specific application, but with PCI slots harder to find in customer's equipment I'm trying to find it's replacement. What would be the PCIe or USB direct replacement to this? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,938 Views)

Hi bats18,

It appears as though the PCI DIO 32HS device is no longer supported which indicates that in order for us to make the best recommendation for the product that will best fit your application, we are going to need to learn more about your application. I would recommend contacting our sales department at (877) 387-0015 in order to scope the specific application and get direct feedback as to what product is going to ensure your success.

If you wish to continue gaining feedback from other customers and applications engineers via the forums, I would recommend making a new post for this inquiry. It will be more likely to get more timely responses.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,920 Views)