Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-DIO-32HS error FFFCB820 (-215008)

Solved!
Go to solution

DAQmx Start task gives this unknown error. What can it mean?

I am running digital acquisition task  with Burst (Output clock) with some external device, transmitting data. Alone it works fine.

Then I need to measure time after the read ends (PFI6 = Dig0/ReadyForTransfer falling edge) to external digital edge coming to PCI-6602..

If I configure (route /DIO/Dig0/ReadyForTransfer to RTSI2, setup counter measurements on PCI-6602), while DIO task is running (starting, measuring, stopping) both tasks run fine.

But I need to synchronize them.

If I first configure HSDIO task,

Then make route, configure and commit counter task, configuration  works fine.

But DIO-32HS Start task gives above error.

Is it because of some route that is required for DIO task, but is blocked by PCI6-RTSI2 connection? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,569 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander_Sobolev

Solved. 

Either changing channel name to PFI6 instead of Dig0/ReadyForTransfer

or commiting DIO task before routing and configuring another task.

But still do not know what does that error mean.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,566 Views)

Hello,

For reference, if you provided the error message in its full text, it may help the future searchability of this forum and also help us give you some idea of what the error message means. Thank you.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,540 Views)

Error -215008 occurred at an unidentified location

This error code is undefined. Undefined errors might occur for a number of reasons. For example, no one has provided a description for the code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input.

Additionally, undefined error codes might occur because the error relates to a third-party object, such as the operating system or ActiveX. For these third-party errors, you might be able to obtain a description of the error by searching the Web for the error code (-215008) or for its hexadecimal representation (0xFFFCB820).

But it does not help a lot. 

PS LV2011 32 bit, on win7 64 bit

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,523 Views)

That is a very unhelpful error code, and I cannot find a single piece of documentation referencing that error code. Fortunately, you have a solution based on the name of the terminal you are referencing. The driver can sometimes be picky about naming, and using an undefined name could have potentially caused the error to occur.

Kyle A.
National Instruments
Senior Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,517 Views)