From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 7330 Read Digital Input

I have a 4 Motion Axis PCI 7330 card, and I am operating 2 motion axes with it. This system is operating a drill system that will send back a signal once the drill has reached it's full drill length (completed the hole). I have tried to use the "Read Digital I/O Data" VI for this but I can't seem to read in a signal. IS THERE AN EASY WAY TO DO THIS?

For this VI the voltage to the port will be zero until the drill sends back the voltage signal that it has completed the drill. So all that it needs to do is read that there is a voltage (so anything other than 0) across this line.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,000 Views)

Hello,

The Read Digital I/O data VI should be an easy way to do this, but something may be going wrong in the code. Can you post/explain what you have done so far? You also may want to try posting in the Motion Control forum. There may be more people there that have done what you are trying to do, so you might get more responses.

-Erik S

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,973 Views)