Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-6528 AND NI DAQ 7.4 PROBLEM

Hi all,

It's Vinay here from Captronic systems.I am facing problem in installation of
PCI-6528 cards and while installing the drivers in IPC's.
The cards has to be installed in Industrial PC's(P-3, 550 MHz).There are 2

models of IPC's both using PX-14S2 backplane of
ICP(america)(http://www.icpamerica.com/products/single_board_computers/backplane

s/PICMG/PX-14S2.html#specifications) make.
The OS is Windows NT 4.0 service pack 6.I am successful in installing (DAQ
) PCI-RS-232 4port isolated card,PCI-RS485 4port isolated card,PCI-GPIB and
PCI-6503 with ER-16 without any problem in one of the IPC.In the same IPC i had installed PCI-6528 which is passing self test. when i am applying voltage to digital input lines it's not going high( same effect for DO's not getting continuity).

In other 2 IPC's i am facing problem in driver Installation phase itself.I had attached the document which contains the error what i had faced.In NI site i searched for the related topics i got one information to change the Driver CD or to copy the CD contents to hard disk.both I did that didn't work.
I installed the same driver version in the desktop PC, OS is same as IPC's

(i.e Windows NT 4.0 service pack 6).The system configuration is P-3 430 MHz.The PCI-6528 is working without any problem.

I hope these information are enough.Please tell me the reason why I am facing this problem.
VINAY KUMAR D I
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,541 Views)

Hi Vinay,

Let's first try installing the latest DAQ driver for your PCI-6528 and Windows NT.  Let me know if this works.  I have provided the download link below.

NI-DAQmx Version 7.5 for Windows 2000/NT/XP

As for your PCI-6528 that is not reading a digital high input, try swapping this nonworking PCI-6528 with the working PCI-6528 from your desktop PC.  This will help determine whether or not that specific PCI-6528 card is the problem.

What other National Instruments software are on these computers (LabVIEW, LabWindows/CVI, etc)?  Please include their versions, too.

Allen
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,506 Views)
Hi Allen,
Thanks for the reply.I tried with Daq 8 also.it's not loading in the system.I tested some 6 PCI-6528 cards all are behaving in the same manner in IPC's but in desktop pc's it's working fine.i don't think but installing Daq7.5 it will work.
please let me know any other option I can try.

Regards,
Vinay.
VINAY KUMAR D I
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,496 Views)
Hi Vinay,

The PCI-6528 requires +5 V and +3.3 V supplies from the PCI bus.  Some Industrial PCs have PCI buses that are not fully compliant, so their PCI buses might provide a +5V, +12V, and -12 V supply, but NOT provide the +3.3 V supply.  This may be the cause of your error, and this is something you can check.

The reason why DAQmx 8.0 will not load on your system is because DAQmx 8.0 supports only Windows 2000 and XP.  The latest DAQ driver for Windows NT is DAQmx 7.5.  Try installing DAQmx 7.5, and if that does not work, please post a description/screenshot of the error.

Let me know what you find out about your Industrial PC’s PCI bus and DAQmx 7.5 installation, and we can go from there.

DAQ Driver Versions for PCI/PXI DAQ cards
http://www.ni.com/support/daq/versions_pci_pxi.htm#2

Allen
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,484 Views)

Hi,

I have similar problem, we currently are ussing a PCI-6527 on our legay product and we change to PCI-6528 but it seems not compatible in C++ Boardland, we are ussing nidaq.h.......

What can we do to use with our program.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,887 Views)