From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output voltage family on NI PXI6225

Solved!
Go to solution

I am running a PXI rack with an NI PXI6225 IO card. I'm trying to use the digital output ports but they seem to default to TTL (+5V) logic. It appears from the manual i should be able to change this to 3.3V logic but i cant work out how do it. Using Labview 2011 sp1 if relavant.

Thanks for any help offered!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,536 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Drivenout

That card only outputs TTL level.  I think it can read LVTTL though.  If you really need LVTTL, then use a voltage changeover buffer.  Look on digikey for a octal buffer than can change the voltage levels.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(5,527 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, my first posting experience on NI has been a successful one!

At the moment have gone old school and used a voltage divider/resistor pair but will be look at your suggestions for something a bit more permanant.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,451 Views)