Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to digital I/O and I need some assistance

Hi,

My name is jemal and I am new to the digital I/O world and I need assistance.

I have LabVIEW 2010 and a NI USB-6501 24 line Digital I/O device. I have downloaded NI DAQmx 9.5.1

I would like to use LabVIEW to develop a quick GUI that will read and send TTL levels to to the power amplifer attached.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction to get started?

The USB-6501 is recognized in the measuremnet and Automation Explorer but I do not know where I would go from there.

Thanks,

Jemal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,923 Views)

Start by using the LabVIEW Example Finder (in the help menu) and do a search for DAQmx and Digital I/O.  There should be several examples to get you mostly there.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,919 Views)

with your device connected, i would open up your "measurement and automation explorer". you should see your device under "devices and interfaces". click your device and goto the right panel tabs and click "test panels". select your port where you have wired out to the instrument and next select your direction as "all outputs", then select states for you lines (0-7) by use of the switches and click "start" button. you should see your equipment reacting...Smiley Wink

goto this to see my post on writing and reading at the same time and just connect your equipment in parallel.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,871 Views)