Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know how to hook up a 9219 card to look at a contact . it has a 9 vdc battery and I need to wire it so that it reads the voltage and when I open and close the contacts it will give me an alarm on my system just not sure how to set it up to do this?

Need to know how to hook up a 9219 card to look at a contact . it has a 9 vdc battery and I need to wire it so that it reads the voltage and when I open and close the contacts it will give me an alarm on my system just not sure how to set it up to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,703 Views)

pages 7-9 in the manual for 9219 describes the pins on the module.  You can also find this information in NI MAX when you go to your module, and click on Device Pinouts:

device_pinouts.PNG

which opens up another window that shows this:

device_pinouts_diagram.PNG

So, from here you can see that you will use pins 4 and 5 for measuring voltage.  Another nice feature in NI MAX that helps with wiring is if you create a virtual channel or a task in MAX, you can also see a connection diagram as shown below (btw you can create a task by right click on your module in MAX):

connection_diagram.PNG

Now that you have the hardware set up, you will just code in some limit in LabVIEW where you use the voltage to determine if it is open or close or whatever else you want

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,683 Views)