Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USB 6501 FREEZES

Hi I'm using a USB 6501 but, I have a problem after a time maybe 2 or 3 days it freezes I'm observing a part present sensor that it the 6501 freezes I can't detect the change of 0 to 1, I use the NI MAX and reset my device and all works perfect and other 3 days, something know how I add to my source code the reset instruction like NI MAX?

I think so that, maybe if I add one routine to reset the device USB-6501 each setup in my equipment I can resolve the issue, I try to the USB port configuration and the problem was again.

Than you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,272 Views)

First thought is power saving settings on the computer...

Second thought is a memory leak in the code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,264 Views)

Hi Gene74
I would like to know more about your application. How are you using the USB 6501? What do you do with the information? Is this part of a LabVIEW project?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,088 Views)

To reset your DAQ device from LabVIEW

DAQmx Driver:
The DAQmx Reset VI is located in the Measurement I/0»NI-DAQmx»Dev Config palette on the Block Diagram.

Traditional DAQ Driver:
The Device Reset VI is located in the Measurement I/0»Data Aquasition»Calibration and Configuration palette on the Block Diagram.

Though, as SnowMule mentioned, this sounds like it is likely a memory leak issue. Be sure you are closing all of your references that you open and using shift registers on references on your loops.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,045 Views)