From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Setup for simple driver?

Hello,

first excuse me as I don't find a good board to post this general question!

I've got the NI USB-6051 device but I can't find the pure driver for Windows! I want to do a SMALL silent setup (maybe a different one for x86/x64) with with just the sys driver and the additionally needed NICAIU.dll. How do I extract this niem* stuff from the whole setup?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,116 Views)
There are not drivers for individual devices. When you deploy, you have the option of installing the much smaller runtime or runtime with configuration support. DAQmx Base is another option.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,111 Views)

Yes I thought so. But I need to slim the 2.8GB from the NI DVD down to a small installer which silently installs the driver and the support for AnsiC.

I found the article "Automating the Installation of National Instruments Software - NI Installers Version 2.4x and Previous".

There within a "install.txt" the [Features] section tells which ones to install.

What I don't know is:

1. What do I need to write there for the AnsiC support (is this DAQmx core ??)

2. which folders are needed from the DVD?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,106 Views)
You did not provide the link to the article so I can't comment on it. The core or runtime does not include language support.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,102 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,098 Views)
I'm more familiar with LabVIEW and I don't know the name for the c language support, sorry. Hopefully someone else will provide that information.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,089 Views)