From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PXI 6561 Loop Back

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All ,

I have a question about NI PXI 6561 LVDS card...

I want to make a simple loop back to test the channels.

I'v connected CH0 to CH1 and used the static generation to try see if the connection is OK.

but when i'm setting CH0 to '1' and i'm doing aquire i only see '1' at CH0 and not in CH1...

Any idea's ?

-----------------------------------------
Kobi Kalif
Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,500 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kobi_K

Hey Kobi,

As long as you are doing static generation, you should be able to see a high on CH1 if the cables are connected.  Check to make sure that 0- is connected to 1-, and 0+ is connected to 1+, and that the connections are complete and secure. 

There is also a great video for developing test systems with LVDS at http://zone.ni.com/wv/app/doc/p/id/wv-283.

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,485 Views)

hiiiii   kobi

I am doing also loop back test using PXI 6562 hsdio card. But I am not able to do it. I am generating dynamic signal & trying to read it. I am connecting two channels using sma male to sma male cable. 

Can you share how you did it?

Is there something I need to take care about cable which I am using for transmitting signal?

Thanks

Rahul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,128 Views)