Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI DIO 32 HS 6533 maximum frequency i can read or generate

The maximum data rate (MHz) one can acheive for capturing or generating with PCI DIO 32 HS (NI6533) using NIDAQmx in C#.net in through internal clcok without need of any handshaking in Winsows XP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,914 Views)

Hi Labbyte,

According to page 3 of the specifications manual for the NI-6533, the maximum sample rate is 20 MHz. The maximum frequency, therefore, that you can read or generate in accordance with the Nyquist rate is 10 MHz.

I have included a link to the specifications manual for the 6533.

http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/1F45100BE5806B73862570AD0058A942

Regards, 

James D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,886 Views)

Hi Labbyte,

I have some further clarification (and some corrections from my previous post) to point out on this question. The 20MHz data transfer rate shown in the specifications manual and the data sheet for this device is rated for small, finite transfer sizes. There is a footnote (labeled with a "2") in the specifications manual on page 3 that indicates that a "small transfer size" is the size of the FIFO for the device. 

If you need to stream data continuously, then the PCI bus will limit the rate of an input or output operation to be much lower than 20 MHz. This rate will be specific to your system, so we cannot provide a definitive specification for the exact rate of data transfer. The transfer rate may be able to reach 2 MHz, but it is also likely that it won't exceed approximately 1 MHz.  

I hope this additional information helps.

Regards,

James D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,878 Views)