Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI PCI-6514 Digital Inputs

I would like to know if the digital inputs in this card can work with a pressure transmitter. I'm working with a test machine that needs to compare pressure of about 2000psi and activate some valves (24V). If this can read a sensor it would be great to just use one card for this project.
This is the transmitter that I want to use:  http://www.ashcroft.com/products/pressure_transducers_transmitters/high/upload/AshA2-1-3.pdf    (0-10Vdc)
If I can't use the digital inputs for this I would be grateful to get other options.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,594 Views)
A quick look and it seems you have an analog output. You would simply use one of the analog channels - not digital.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,583 Views)

Hi F430gx,

Just as Dennis said, it seems that you’re trying to connect an analog signal output to a digital signal input. NI 6514 is a digital I/O interface so I suggest you to switch to an analogue DAQ like the 6281 or similar.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Luis Castañeda

National Instruments

Ingeniería de Aplicaciones

www.ni.com/soporte

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,578 Views)
Oops. Missed the fact that the 6514 is digital only.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,574 Views)

Thank you.

I think that I will be using the PCI-6514 for the digital I/O because they work with 24V all, and get the NI USB-6210 for AI (I just need 6 AI everything else is digital 24V).
I think this is all that I need for the project, any advice of what I'm doing will be great.

Have a nice day 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,573 Views)