From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9476 Hybrid (FPGA Scan)

Hi all,

I have a NI9476 Do module connected onto a cRIO 9014 chassis. What I would like to do is use 8 of the 32 channels of the DO module as FPGA and keep the rest as normal DO. This is primarily to reduce the resources used by the FPGA (if I use all channes compilation exceeds available resources because I also have another 8-channel module under FPGA, the NI9472).

Is there a way to do this? I am asking because when you add the module under the FPGA folder in the project you get all its channels as FPGA channels..

Regards,

Harry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,894 Views)

Hi,

Hybrid mode allows you to run some modules on the FPGA and some in scan mode, but it is not possible to have some parts of a module on the FPGA and some parts in scan mode. If you want to use some DO from the FPGA and some from scan mode you will need two modules. There is some more information in this document.

I hope that helps,

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,887 Views)