Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9403 Trying to send out bits for data and clock

I'm using a NI 9403 and haven't programmed an FPGA before.  One of my programs is supposed to set a data bit then set a clock to true, then set both to false.  That program works fine, however, when I try to do this multiple times it only will do it once.  I even tried to isolate it to just show that it will turn the data bit to true 3 times, and nothing happens after the first time.  I've put waits inbetween all my steps.

The "Wallace Downloader FPGA" is the one running on the FPGA and the Voltage one is the RT side.  Thanks for any help you can give me

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,081 Views)

Hi vicki 2020,

Do you have a LabVIEW Project associated with this? If so could you post it so that I can see what clock you are referring to.

Regards,

Josh B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(4,055 Views)

Hi Josh,

I do have a LabView project I will try to post it when I get a chance.  Sorry if I was confusing.  I meant that the "clock" is just a bit on the NI-9403 that gets sent to another board whose input is "clock" (likewise with the data, sorry I'm new to digital programming).  My main problem is that I can only get my RT program to successfully run my FPGA program once, after that the FPGA seems to ignore any subsequent commands.  Thank you

Vicki

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,037 Views)

Hi Vicki 2020,

I noticed that you are not using a while loop in your RT code. If you want it to run continuously you should consider using a while loop in your RT code.

Regards,

Josh B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(4,020 Views)