From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9403 Digital Output

Hi,

I have a NI 9074 CRio and a NI 9403 Digital I/O module (along with several others types of modules). I am having trouble using the 9403 as a sourcing digital out. I can set it to output in Labview, but it will not put out a 5v signal. I am measuring this by using a volt meter between the output channel and the com pin. Am I doing something wrong? or missing a step for switching to digital out? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,606 Views)

I am having a similar problem with the NI 9403. I am using the 5V digital output to turn on four 5 V relays. But I am able to turn on only one relay and then the NI 9403 goes into over-current protection mode and will not turn on the other relays. I have tried using multiple channels in parallel to increase the current but it still does not work. Is there any way to prevent the NI 9403 from going into over-current protection mode? Can anyone suggest 5 V relays that can work with this card?

Please check the current requirement of your output to see if its going in to current protection mode.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,588 Views)

This module only puts out a 2mA current for each channel.  Most ssr need at least 10mA to "energize the coil".  I have found a voltage conversion module at omega.ca or google this part number  DR-IO-IDC-R0-028N  There are 4 different models but they will turn on with as little as 1.2mA but you still wont' be able to turn 4 of them on from one single channel, but you can use one to amplify the signal to turn on as many other SSRs as you want.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,718 Views)