Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9402 generate two trigger signal from 2 different lines with 10ms apart from each other

Hello,

I am trying to use NI 9402 to generate two trigger signal from 2 different lines. The time interval between these two trigger pulses is critical (should be accurate at 10 or 25ms from each other)

I think software timer is not accurate enough for my purpose 

Is there a way to make this possible? Please help!

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,890 Views)

To clarify, you would like to generate a signal on two different channels as simultaneous as possible?

You should be able to write to two channels within 10 ms of each other by using the method described below.

Simultaneously Read or Write to Multiple Channels
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0C1ADEF06A54AB2D862575040066FD51

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,871 Views)
thanks Bryan,

Actually, I want to generate two pulses that are N ms apart from each other. And the N can be adjusted from 1 to 100 with the increament of 1ms or even 0.1ms. Would that be possible in NI-9402?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,773 Views)

Shanyechungu,

The 9402 is a 55ns capable high speed digital I/O device with hardware triggering capability. This should be more than adequate for your desired pulse response. 

Mark B.

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,760 Views)
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. But would you please send me the code that can generate two pulses from two lines with 0.1ms interval between each other?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,754 Views)

LabVIEW ships with plenty of example DAQmx code that should be enough to get you up and running, creating triggered pulse outputs. Most can be found under Help>>Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx>>Digital Output. If you have specific questions on the functionality of the example code please feel free to post. Most forum users will not simply 'give you code' but encourage you to understand the examples and implement them for yourself. Truly, this is the only way to learn.

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,731 Views)
Thank you so much. I will go to find the examples and try to use them to solve my problems. I will post here agan it I have problem with it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,727 Views)