From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9401 switching frequency

Hello fellow LabVIEWers,

I have a problem in understanding the expression "switching frequency" in the spec of the NI 9401.

If I use all eight kanals for inputs, it is stated that the switching frequency will be down to 9 MHz.

So does this mean that I can not use the DIs in a SCTL running on 40 MHz, or does it rather mean that I won't be able to measure frequencies exceeding 9 MHz but still get an input corresponding to every singel channel on every tick, even though it might be still high when the input is allready low?

I'm using a cRIO-9074, and my incoming TTL signal is in the range of 10 kHz. I need this extream oversampling to optain a good accuracy. without using a two counter method.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,323 Views)

Hi CAVR87,

In the specifications you can read:

"

Maximum input signal switching
frequency by number of input
channels, per channel
8 input channels.......................... 9 MHz
4 input channels.......................... 16 MHz
2 input channels.......................... 30 MHz"

It means if you would like to measure 8 input channels, you are not able to measure correctly a signal with a switching frequency higher than 9 Mhz.

In your case you are in the range of 10 kHz so you can easily measure it with this module.

Julien De Freitas

Applications Engineering Group Leader / Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
National Instruments Switzerland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,286 Views)