Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-845x I2C Slave implpementation examples - C

Good afternoon,

For the last few weeks my team has been using USB-8451 Interface to test and read up the statuses of some circuits we have made. Up until this point I have been using NI-845x 2.1 drivers, and a GUI created by myself in Visual Studio C++ using the C I2C API.

However, now I have to test the Master circuits by simulating a Slave device, and so USB-8452 was ordered last week. It came with the 14.0 drivers which we have installed. Unfortunately I am having a few problems with getting my code to work to successfully implement a Slave device.

My questions is, are there any examples available of Slave I2C devices implementation using C? Either official NI ones, or made by someone from the community. I hoped that maybe updating the drivers would add some new ones to the 'Examples' folder I have found, but it seems like the folder has been untouched since installing the 2.1 software.

Thank you very much for any help,

Konrad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,895 Views)

Hi Konrad,

I recommend taking a look at the following article that covers using I2C with a USB-8351, a very similar device to yours!

https://www.ni.com/en/support/documentation/supplemental/21/using-i2c-with-labview-and-the-usb-8451....

With regards to I2C implementation in C examples, there are no official NI examples as C is not supported by NI. There may however be community examples. 

Kind regards,

Tom-S

Appplications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,818 Views)

Hello, Konrad!

I need some C examples of 8452 Slave writing to Master.

Do you have some?

Best Regards,

Arie.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,635 Views)