Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-7854R Slew Rate Ajustment

Is there a mechanism through witch I can change the slew rate of the digital output pins on the N-7854R, or any of the RIO cards ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,151 Views)

Hi crm_d,

After taking a look in the R series RIO Specificaitons Manual (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/372492c.pdf), it looks as if the slew rate is a statically set parameter of the cards at 10V/us.  Is there a reason you are trying to change or update this value within your application? 

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,084 Views)

yes I have a Reason, and 10v/us is the spec. For the analog output, I want to change the digital outputs slew rates. Most FPGA's let you set ethier or both drive strength and slew rate.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,081 Views)

Hi crm_d,

After looking into this issue more, I have found that it is not possible to set or modify the slew rate specified for our FPGA cards.  I'm sorry that this functionality is not available.

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,063 Views)

Why?!! it's an FPGA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,042 Views)

The main reason is because the LabVIEW FPGA toolkit abstracts a lot of the lower level VHDL programming  through the compile server/worker that would need to be done in order to change the hardware level response settings such as the slew rate. It might be possible to do if you implement personnal IP by implementing your own VHDL code, but since it is spec'ed as a constant value I don't think its going to be that easy to find a work around.  Once again, I'm sorry that this functionality isnt available.

Aaron L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,021 Views)

Good morning Aaron,

I'm experiencing the same request of this thread.

I would like to change the slew rate property of digital outputs (some fast and some slow).

I'm workin on SOM at the moment.

I was wondering if in these 3 years there was some news about that.

Thanks in advance

Luigi.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,724 Views)

hey Luigi,

Since this post has not been active for 3 years, could you make a new post? This would get more views and attention! 

Best,

Cici

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,716 Views)