From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 6585 loop back and Single cycle time loop.

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a NI 6585/PXIe-7961 I am currently developing an application where I am doing source syncrounsu communicaiton.  At the moment I do not have the hard ware that is going to be transmitting to me.  I am trying to set up a situation where I can just do a loop back on myself and send a signal out of one connector and recieve it in another.  The issues I am having is that in trying to simulate how the set up will be once I get real harddware is that when I export a clock from connector B I can't use that clock on connector A becuase it is going to the same line in connector A where a clock is exported. Is there anyway to change the line that the clock is exported on and then use that line as a clock signal?   

Second when I use a clock external or internal with a single cycle time loop is the start of each itteration of the loop on a rising clock edge?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,461 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bcat

@bcat wrote:

Is there anyway to change the line that the clock is exported on and then use that line as a clock signal?   

No, this is no way to change the line that the clock is exported or imported from. You'll need two of the breakout boards if you want to do a loopback test like you mentioned.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/210386

With two of those boards you'll be able to route the DDC Clock Out from one of the DDC Connectors to the Global Clock In of the other DDC Connector using some SMA cables.

@bcat wrote:

Second when I use a clock external or internal with a single cycle time loop is the start of each itteration of the loop on a rising clock edge?

Yes it is. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,451 Views)