From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 6009 control solenoid using distance counter

hi!

I am working on a system wherein i have a distance measuring counter that will trigger the solenoid for impact then the microphone will capture and analyze the impact signal.

The solenoid output energy  is 65-70 N or 740g and will make an impact depending on the input distance.

We need to purchase a data acquisition card that will perform I/O for this method.

NI 6009 is recommended. Is this possible? If not, what is the best cheapest option to use?

I have no background of electronics or instrumentation so I will only depend on Labview tutorials to make this work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,768 Views)

I would highly recommend getting with your local NI representative.  Then you can sit down with them and go over all of your requirements to make sure you get something you can actually use.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,761 Views)

Thank you very much!

We will contact them asap.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,759 Views)