Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure buffered output signal

I am using a PCI-6225 to try and take some measurements of a waveform that I generated with the same device. The waveform is generated as a buffered output on port 0, line 0. I want to measure two edge separation between this waveform and another externally generated waveform connected to PFI8. Unfortunately I cannot select port 0, line 0 as a terminal for the two edge separation measurement - it looks like only the PFI terminals support this measurement. But the waveform has to be generated as a buffered output so I can't use any other ports. 

Is there any way to reroute this signal internally to a PFI terminal? Otherwise my thought is that I will have to physically run a wire to connect port 0 line 0 to an unused PFI terminal.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,067 Views)

Hi dave6k,

You can send the waveform to a RTSI pin, instead of to P0.0. Also, if you are reading the waveform back into your program, how come you are outputting it in the first place?

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,041 Views)

Sunaina,

The Digital Output is only allowed on port 0 lines 0-7. There is no option for RTSI terminals and any other port gives an error. I checked the M-Series manual and it states that only PFI 0-5 can be output on RTSI terminals. By the way I am basing my program off the Correlated Digital Write with Counter example in DAQmx (I have multiple digital signals that are being output).

The digital output signal is used as a trigger and I am trying to measure the delay between the output signal and the triggered signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,036 Views)

Hi dave6k,

I found a document which shows you how to find out which pins you can internally route in your device:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/E539D226A643C1CE8625715E007C23C8

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,021 Views)