Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCP4922 - Controlling DAC w/ LabVIEW

Does anyone have experience controlling these sorts of chips with LabVIEW? I seem to be having issues when writing out the config and data bits to my chip. Every other oin has been tested and seems to be working properly within the program. I was initally trying to do this using an I32 array of data but switched to a digital waveform and I am now having buffer problems. I have looked into the SPI library provided by NI and found it unhelpful. This chip is SPI compatible, but does not provide handshaking. Any help wold be greatly appreciated. I have attached the code. Thanks in advance,

Tyler

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,506 Views)

Thought that I should add that the card being used is a NI PCIe 6323.

Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,489 Views)

Hi Tj3208,

Could you be a little more explicit in the problem that you are running into? How are you attempting to do this with a digital waveform vs an I32 array of data? What kind of buffer problems are you running into?

- Chase

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,474 Views)

Chase,

The buffer error that I am getting is simply "Selected lines do not support buffered operations." Does this mean that I cannot write out a timed arbitrary digital waveform using this board?

Basically to switch from digital wavform to I32 I routed the array that I have written in the original program into the I32 instance of the polymorphic write VI.

Simply put, my goal is to write out 16 bits of data to a single line on the edge of a clock.

Sorry if this is a simple question. My experience with digital data in LabVIEW has thus far been restricted to simple on/off operations.

Tyler

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,448 Views)

Tyler,

I would highly suggest reviewing some of the digital output examples that are included with LabVIEW.

Check here for information on where to find them. This should give you a better idea on how to go about writing data to a line on your PCIe-6323.

http://www.ni.com/getting-started/labview-basics/examples

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,437 Views)