Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic Analyzer vi?

Hi guys,

I want to analyze the logic behind a number of digital lined being fed into my PC. Is there any sample Logic Analyzer vi which I can make use of to figure out these signals? 

I am using the PXI-7813R or specifically its FPGA to develope the program.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,319 Views)

Hi The_Sugarman

What data are you feeding into your PC?

How is this data connected to the PC?

Have you connected some external device to the PXI-7813R which you are then trying to use to read those digital signals with?

If you want to read the digital input to your PXI-7813R then you should take a look at %Program Files (x86)%\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\examples\R Series\Basic IO\Digital Line Input which shows how a digital input can be read on your R series card.

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,291 Views)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

I want to feed in a number of seperate digital signals (betweem 4 and 6 seperate lines) from a device that has no controller in it. It is in effect a "dumb" chip that has a memory.

I plan to connect the data through a SCB-68 connector, through the PXI and then to the PC through the MXI card within the PXI.

So far, no, I have not connected any external device. Interestingly, I had to change my plans from the original project I was working with becasue I couldnt read the data from an external device. In the original project, the external device is a smart printer that I have been using to read in the signals from the inkjet cartridges connected to the printer. But thats another project, if you need more info on either, let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,251 Views)