From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit switch

Good day.

I want to use limit switches with SoftMotion. I have NI-9503 and NI-9421 modules. I added DIO Loop for reading limit switches and switch on Forward and Revers limits in axis settings, but it`s not work. What I do wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,027 Views)

CMiR,

How are the limit switches not working with the application? Have you configured them in the Axis Configuration or tested this with just one axis from the example project?

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,956 Views)

@SoarOnSon wrote:

CMiR,

How are the limit switches not working with the application? Have you configured them in the Axis Configuration or tested this with just one axis from the example project?

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

I configured them in the Axis Configuration. The motors do not stop when limit switches are reached. If I look at the status of the limit switches through the indicators, they work, but through the invoke node for the axes (read Motion I / O) the state is FWD./REV. Limit Active does not change.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,943 Views)

It may be worth trying to run the example 9503 Stepper Drive (Position Profile with Encoder) without the Encoder loop to see if you can get it working on Axis 1. Then try to wire a boolean control directly into the reverse and forward limits in the Unbundle by Name function if that does not work.

Josh

Applications Engineer

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,877 Views)