Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview fpga(on/Off) relay operation

Hi all,

I am using pci 7811R with break out box(SCB68) and ERB48 Relay.  I will like to write FPGA vi for the operation of the Relays. These relays are controlling the unit under test.  The UUT is wireless product so there is Freq, RF,Power, Voltage...There are different Relays on and off the when the UUT is being tested.  My questions is  I am not sure if I am keeping relays that was supposed to be on or off the right time.  Not too much exprience in Labview and Labview FPGA.  Will appreciate any feedback.  attached is sample of the Relay operation vi in my project.

Thanks,

Aalg.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,296 Views)

Hi aalg,

I'm not sure I understand your exact questions, but from the image you attached it looks as though you are trying to update the same DO channels simultaneously (DO 15:8) which may explain the broken wires you are seeing.  

In the image, your code will allow you to update the boolean array controls that change (or keep constant) the values being written to the channels.  You can change the output values as fast as the while loop can iterate.  As far as the timing goes, there doesn't appear to be any.  Are you writing to the boolean controls at specified intervals within some higher level code that calls the code in the screenshot?

I hope this helps.  If not, please explain your situation a little further.

Dave C.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,267 Views)