From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an example hsdio dma PXI-6561?

Is there a Labview example for capturing data to a file using the HSDIO the Direct DMA instance of
the niHSDIO Fetch Waveform VI

PXI-6561 card

The strobe clock rate is 40MHz

Continuous data to files is needed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,786 Views)

Hi Isutiger,

Here is an article that contains an example that should be pretty close to what you are looking for.

NI-HSDIO Stream to Disk (Acquisition) Using Win32 File IO:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5271

Regards,

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,763 Views)

That is the example that I started with. I does not support a external clock rate of 40Mhz with the PXi chassis,PXI-6561 card and computer that I have. The memory in the card overflows and the application stops.

I changed the data type to U16 to match the PXi cardt

I played with external clock rate and the streaming could keep up with an external clock rate of 37MHz which is a little slower than what I need.

Thus I was looking for how to use the DMA VI...it has an input of Address, but don't know what that is?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,758 Views)

Hi Isutiger,

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error you are seeing.

Also, can you please tell me the exact name of the DMA VI you are looking into?

Thank you,

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,737 Views)

I am not near my PXi chassis So I'll have to send yuo a screen shot on my next posting

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\instr.lib\niHSDIO\niHSDIO.llb\niHSDIO Fetch Waveform (Direct DMA).vi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,723 Views)