From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing

Here i  interfaced a GPS module which is working at 20Hz, with Arduino 2560 & receiving d data at pin no. 10. But  I want to see that gps data in LabView by interfacing arduino with it. How can I do this?

Thanks 
Regards 
VIRU

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,926 Views)

Most people use a serial port to communicate with an Arduino.  You can then use VISA in LabVIEW to talk over the serial port.

Do a search for LIFA (LabVIEW Interface for Arduino).  I haven't used it, but it is a commonly used library for this sort of thing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,922 Views)

I already done it with LabView using VISA serial but the problem is with using labview we are getting GPS data only at 5 to 6 Hz means 5 to 6 samples/sec but our actual requirement is 20Hz. Is there any limitation in using LabView serial port becoz if we are fetching the GPS data through microcontroller then it works at 20Hz.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,893 Views)

What is your data format?  What is your protocol for the serial interface?  What baud rate are you using?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,886 Views)
Can you attach an image of the block diagram?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,883 Views)

Hi, here i am attching the block diagram which is used to read serial GPS data. Our GPS is set at 20 Hz but using this VI it is only working at 5/6 Hz.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,877 Views)

Hi, here i am attching the block diagram which is used to read serial GPS data. Our GPS is set at 20 Hz but using this VI it is only working at 5/6 Hz.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,876 Views)

The data format we are receiving is NMAE-0183 which is an GPS data protocol.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,875 Views)

First of all, you don't need to have the property node for the Termination Character.  That is taken care of with the Configure Serial Port.  There is an input for the Termination Character on that VI on the top.  Wire your FALSE constant there.

Your slow down is most likely your saving to the file.  The Write To Spreadsheet File VI is really slow because it constantly opens, writes, and closes the file.  You should open the file at the start of the program and close it at the end.  Inside of the loop, you will need to format your data with the Array To Spreadsheet String function and then the Write To Text File.

You might also have to set up a Producer/Consumer.  This would move your file writing into another loop, allowing your serial read to go much faster since it and the file writing are done in parallel.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,862 Views)

Hi, Thanks for your support. I want to read both $GPGGA & $GPRMC string in buffer at 20 Hz. But I am getting only $GPRMC as shown in Front panel.So how can i read both srtings at 20Hz.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(5,778 Views)