Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting experiments with ADSL splitter

chart3.png

As we know, the ADSL splitter box has 1 input and 2 outputs, one for phone signal line, and the other for internet signal line

I have executed many experiments with this device, and some give out interesting results. I list here 5 of them. Their schemas can be found in the attached screenshot

Experiment a)

Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the swapping. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output

Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number

Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.

Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Experiment b)

I make the looping back from the net output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red)

Then, I connect phone output to a telephone machine.

Result: No tone heard when I picked up the phone machine

Experiment c)

I make the connection between phone output and net output, by cutting into the cable and healing the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red), similarity as I did in experiment b)

Then, I connect phone output to a telephone machine.

Experiment d)

Wall line is plugged into the net output (Not the input). Then, I make the looping back from the phone output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the reverse color correspondingly (green to red, red to green)

Then, I connect input line to a telephone machine.

Note: If I repeat the same experiment by healing the wire with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red), no issue happens. The tone can be heard from the phone machine

Experiment e)

Wall line is plugged into the phone output (Not the input). Then, I make the looping back from the net output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red)

Then, I connect input line to a modem to emit Internet signal

Result: No internet signal is created

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,247 Views)
What does this have to do with any NI digital I/O hardware or software?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,239 Views)

There are many forums here, and I thought this forum is suitable for my topic

If I am wrong, I will move to another forum

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,188 Views)
I don't think it is appropriate to any forum here unless you are using NI hardware or software. If you want to post something, post to the vendor's web site and ask how the device should be used.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,183 Views)