Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read DHT22 from Arduino

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I am a newbie and I have no idea how one could read a DHT22 sensor from a USB Serial which is connected to Arduino and to make a certain amount of Humidity the LED light go on. Is it even possible to acquire data from DHT22 sensor like that? 

I would be really thankful if you could help me to figure out a base or an example where to start, thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(8,102 Views)
Configuring the arduono would be best answered by a forum dedicated to the arduino. It has nothing to do with NI digital I/O devices.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(8,100 Views)

Allright, good tip, I'll post there also.

Allthough I am talking about a Digital sensor which sends data to Arduino to a digital pin and than through serial port to Labview through which I would get a graphic out. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(8,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author raimis114
The communication from the arduino to the pc with LabVIEW is irrelevant to your problem and if you did have a problem with that communication, this is still the incorrect place to post that sort of question.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(8,082 Views)

To be honest, your correct, sorry for my inconvienience.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(8,079 Views)

Then how to show the sensor data on labview?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,907 Views)

You write a program for the Arduino that reads the data. You format it as you wish (i.e. ASCII text, hxe, etc) and you write that data to the Arduino's serial port. Your LabVIEW program will read the data at the port and display it.

To make the serial communmication more robust, I would suggest you use a terminator at the end of each serial communication. This is typically a carriage return or a line feed.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,887 Views)

hi 
i am very new to use labview and arduino.... i am assigned a project of data logging to temperature and humidity  .. for which i am using DHT@@ sensor .. can one help me out to make complete VI block on Labview  ... wwith no error ... waiting for reply of you guys.....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,042 Views)

waiting.............................

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,040 Views)

@saifullah92mhr wrote:

waiting.............................

So you are appending to an old thread that is already marked as solved and two minutes later you are posting again?

Are we a little bit impatient? 😮

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,020 Views)