From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor over current on DO 9476 line

I am interested in monitor over current and status of the DO channel. I am using NI 9476 module in cDAQ-9178 chassis. My development environment is visual studio (.net). I found kind of an  example in labview.  I am able to set DO fine just want to check the status (ON/ OFF   or Over-current state).

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,529 Views)

K-Man,

I do not have strong knowledge in using DAQmx in .NET languages, but searching around I did find some initial info for you to look at (if you haven’t already come across these yourself).  After I found the properties in LabVIEW, I just searched the site with “overcurrent .NET” and found some initial starting points.  Hopefully this gets you started in the right direction.

Wayne T. | Application Engineer | National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(5,481 Views)

Hi Wayne:

Thanks a lot for the help, I think I have figured out and implemented  overcurrent code.  Have not tested it yet, code snippet below.

However, I still need to find out state of my digital outputs i.e. whether they are On or OFF state.

if(digitalWriteTask.Stream.ReadOvercurrentChannelsExist == true)

{

string[] OverCurrentChannels = digitalWriteTask.Stream.ReadOvercurrentChannels;

Console.WriteLine("Class NI, NISetDO: Over Current Detected");

foreach (String overCurrentChannel inOverCurrentChannels)

Console.WriteLine("overCurrent detected on channel"+ overCurrentChannel);

}

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,453 Views)

K-Man,

I looked at the DAQmx channel properties list, linked here if you want to browse to the DO (digital output) settings.  There isn't any property to monitor the actual state of the line.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370469AB-01/daqmxprop/daqmxchannel/

Wayne T. | Application Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,389 Views)
Spam
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,326 Views)