Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the digital output logic level in NI USB 6341

Hi

I WANT TO INCREASE THE DIGITAL OUTPUT LEVEL IN NI 6341. I AM TRYING TO DRIVE AN LED BUT THE CURRENT OUTPUT IS 2.7 V HENCE THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE LED IS LESS. HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DIGITAL OUTPUT LEVEL HERE.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,397 Views)

There's no need to yell (all caps in your post).

What you need to do is put in a digital buffer that can drive enough current for your LED.  DIO typically do no put out that much current.  I'm actually surprised that unit can put out 24mA (seems to be a USB power limitation).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,393 Views)

Thansk for the response. Actually I am using DAQ Assistant to generate digital output to turn LED on and off. What i understand is that DAQ Assistant automatically generate buffer but still the brightness of the LED is low. OR may be as I am new in LAB VIEW so I do not understand your post properly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,378 Views)

Wrong kind of buffer.  DAQ Assistant takes care of a memory buffer.  I've talking about a Digital Logic Buffer, a separate IC.  You need to be able to drive more current than the USB DAQ can output.  That's why the output voltage is low.  Do a search on digikey.  Here, I already started the search for you:http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/dksus.dll?pv247=43&FV=fff40027%2Cfff80194&k=buffer&mnonly=0&...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,369 Views)

Thanks. I will try this

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,356 Views)