Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install niHWS Retrieve Digital Waveform U16.vi

I am trying to run HSDIO example "Dynamic Generation with Repeat Mode.vi".  There is one vi that is in the example that LabVIEW cannot find: "niHWS Retrieve Digital Waveform U16.vi".  How to I get this vi?  Is it part of a package?  I have already installed HSDIO (my system is brand new).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,275 Views)

Hi j_osh_o,

The niHWS Retrieve Waveform.vi is part of the Hierarchical Waveform Storage (HWS) Software. The KnowledgeBase, here, explains how you can obtain NI-HWS. If you do not have NI-HWS API on your system, I believe installing the latest version of NI-SCOPE, NI-FGEN, or NI-HSDIO should add the VI that you are missing.

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,260 Views)

Hi j_osh_o,

This was reported to R&D (CAR# 306801) for further investigation. I believe you might be experiencing the problem described at the KnowledgeBase, here. The niHWS driver is not supported in LabVIEW 64-bit. As stated in the aforementioned KnowledgeBase, the current workaround is to use a different file format such as tdms.

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,251 Views)

I have installed NI-HSDIO 32 bit from the disks that came in the box with my PXIe-6544 cards.  Can't remember the version (1.8???).  Is it possible that this version is so old that it does not have the NI-HWS included?  I will try to install the latest NI-HSDIO, maybe this will have the HWS in it?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,237 Views)

You can determine if you have NI-HWS installed by going to the Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and expanding the Software section.

Do you have LabVIEW 64-bit? You can determine which version of LabVIEW you have by going to Help>>About LabVIEW.

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,229 Views)