Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I control a PCIe 6537?

I have a PCIe6537 installed in my computer.  It works fine, and the Measurement and Automation Explorer identifies it, and I have even been able to do basic voltage I/O measurements with MAX.  Therefore, I conclude that hardware is fine.  However, despite spending many hours, I can't seem to connect to it using LabVIEW.  How do I do that?  My version is LabVIew 8.0.

Could someone post a short step-by-step guide for me?  I looked and looked on ni.com and couldn't find anything.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,254 Views)

NatanT

Are you simply trying to get started, or have you been experiencing issues with something that you've tried already? You might find the second and third links on the following page helpful.

Developer Zone Tutorial: Getting Started with NI-DAQmx: Basic Programming with NI-DAQmx

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,234 Views)

I tried the second link that you mentioned.  All explanations require the DAQ assistant, which I cannot find in LabVIEW in any of the places it should be.  I also did a search and could not find it.

I then tried the third link that you mentioned.  It does have a section that does not require the DAQ assistant.  However it does require a "NI-DAQmx Create Virtual Channel function".  I cannot find that anywhere in my LabVIEW either.

I reiterate that I am using LabVIEW 8.0.

To answer your question, I am simply trying to get started.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,222 Views)

There is a critical piece of information missing - the version of DAQmx that you installed. You can look here to see if the version of DAQmx is compatible with your old version of LabVIEW. You'll also need to check what is the oldest version of DAQmx that supports your card.

Message 4 of 4
(5,218 Views)