Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable/disable a channel in the hsdio pxie-6556 for hardware compare mode?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I'm developing a system with Labview2013, TestStand2013 and the PXIe-6556

The system diagram is:

Pxie-6556 >----------------------- 12 channels ------------------------------------ 3 channels ------> Dut1

Hardware compare mode                                         |-------------------- 3 channels ------> Dut2

|-------------------- 3 channels ------> Dut3

|-------------------- 3 channels ------> Dut4

In TestStand I have the following configuration:

1. In the "Setup" section I'm loading ~10 digital waveforms with 12 channels each to the pxie-6556 memory.

2. In the "Main" section I'm running in the hardware compare mode each digital waveform. (DWF1, DWF2,...,DWF10)

The system is working well to test 4 Dut's.

Without loading a new waveform How can I enable/disable a Dut to be tested?

For instance, What should I configure to test only the dut1 and dut3?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,205 Views)

engfpe,

I don't have any HSDIO equipment around me, and I not sure off the top of my head if this can be done or not. You mentioned that you are doing hardware compare, are you doing hardware compare - response only? I didn't know if you were also generating a signal.

Either way, with hardware compare you have to be using the niHSDIO Write Named Waveform using the Waveform Data Type (WDT). I can't remember what happens if you have a WDT that has more channels than you specify by using the niHSDIO Assign Dynamic channels. I want to say it throws an error, but that is something to try. It might be as simple as just changing the Channel List, but you will need to change this for the generation and acquisition session.

If the above doesn't work, and I'm inclined to believe it won't, then I believe your only other option is to change the waveforms and download them again. There would be a number of ways to do this, but that's not what you were hoping for.

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,200 Views)

Hi Aaron_W

For each Dut I'm generating 2ch e acquiring 1ch .

After I upload the DWF to pxie-6556 memory If I change the channel list from 0-11 to 0-2 the generation in the channels 3-11 will stop but NOT the acquisition.

It makes the sample error buffer to overflow.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,193 Views)

You might post your code or a picture of how you are performing this, would be easier to understand. Are you stopping the generation / acquisition when you change the channels?

Aaron W.
National Instruments
CLA, CTA and CPI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,188 Views)
Solution
Accepted by engfpe

Helo engfpe,

You might check out the advanced attribute, Advanced:Hardware Compare:Cumulative Error Bits Property, and see if that will help with your application.

Cumulative Error Bits will tell you which channels produced HWC errors even if the FIFO is full. That way, you can at least know when the DUT passes. If it fails and you need more information, then you will still have to reload the waveform in order to get a manageable number of HWC error, but hopefully this at least helps. This feature was added in NI-HSDIO 2.0, so make sure you have the latest driver.

Brian Morgan | NI Software Engineer, R&D
Message 5 of 6
(6,183 Views)

Hi Brian

I upgraded my system driver to NI-HSDIO 2.0 and I tested the function.

The "Cumulative Error Bits Property" is exactly what I needed.

With this function I can identify the defective dut.

Thanks Brian and Aaron_W for your assistence.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,166 Views)