Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm not new to Labview. I am combining two examples from the NI examples folder. First I am using the 'change detection' setting on the DAQmx control to trigger an acquisition on the falling edge of one channel.

Hi,  I'm not new to Labview.  I am combining two examples from the NI examples folder.  First I am using the 'change detection' setting on the DAQmx digital input control to trigger an acquisition on the falling edge of one channel.  Second I have defined my own user event to fire when this falling edge occurs.  I put a counter in this event code (with shift registers) and this event is executing 3,4, or 5 times for every falling edge.  Is this code working as a bounce detector on the HW signals? My digital I/O is pretty standard.  All I want is for the event to execute one time.
Scott 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,192 Views)

Hi Scott,

Does your device support digital filtering on DIO lines? If so, you can use that feature to debounce the signals.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,176 Views)

Hi psuedo! 

I apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing.  If you do have an issue with "bouncing" on you digital line, there are assuredly ways around this depending on the specifics of your application.  However, for the time being, could you please inform us of the exact examples you have been referencing while creating your program? 

Regards,

Michael G

Michael G.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Self-realization: I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,167 Views)

can you post the .vi with the solution.i am currently working on the same thing and i would really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,809 Views)

Hi myntranike,

Are you trying to count the number of bounces with shift registers, or are you trying to filter out bouncing in your signal? Could you give us a bit more information about what you are trying to achieve and which (if any) LabVIEW examples you are using?

David

David R
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,787 Views)