From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting around the DAQmx driver software

Hi,

Is it possible for me to talk directly to the driver without going through the C# DAQmx.dll driver software? I need to work in java and although I found away to wrap the DAQmx.dll C# library with a Java wrapper class, this creates a lot of dependencies and it would be a lot cleaner to just bypass that API altogether and develop my own.

Ideally I would like to determine how the driver software talks to the socket so that I can recreate this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,896 Views)

I'd recommend sticking with the Java wrapper that you have already developed.  However, if you're dead-set on developing your own API with register calls, there are some resources on that.  Note this particular KB as well as the host of related information linked at the bottom.

You can check out the Driver Development Kit forums as well to possibly get more information on this.

Highest Regards,

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,863 Views)

You can access the C API directly instead of using the C# wrappers.

Because the driver software itself is quite complicated, I would strongly recommend using the NI-DAQmx driver to make your calls. You can bypass the C# wrappers, certainly, but your life will be much simpler if you use the NI-DAQmx API. Since you're using Java, you'll still need to wrap the C dll, but you'll avoid the C# dependencies.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,843 Views)