Digital I/O

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Trigger Source For Digital Output

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this question has been posted before, but I haven't found it. Also I am kind of new to LabVIEW as well.

I have a NI cDAQ-9178 with an NI 9403 and an NI 9923. I also have a machine that generates a pulse wave that is high at 3.3 V and low at 0 V.

I am trying to have a digital output go high when the external pulse goes high. When I try to set a trigger, I cannot use the DIO lines in the NI 9403. I tried to trigger when a digital pattern is recognized, but I kept getting an error. I then looked online and found that maybe the device does not support it. I then tried to start the trigger by a digital edge. But I didn't see any option to use a specific line as a trigger source. So what I did is that I connected the wire into the PFI 0 port. Using this and an oscilloscope, I was able to generate and verify that the signal was high when the pulse went high. 

The problem is that I will eventually need to monitor 3 separate pulse waves and have 3 separate lines generate an output instead of 1 and there are only 2 PFI ports on the Ni cDAQ-9178. So I was wondering if there was any way to do this without using the PFI ports with these devices?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,051 Views)

Hello slrarick,

Digital triggering is not supported by the NI 9403 module.

Bye

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,024 Views)